Apple’s iOS, the mobile operating system powering iPhone®, iPad® and iPod Touch®, has experienced a significant and exciting revamp with the release of iOS 9. Despite the fact that Apple has focussed on the stability of the operating system this time around, there is more that’s new than many people realise. That’s allowed Jonathan Mosen to produce a comprehensive new book on iOS 9 of roughly the same length as its iOS 8 equivalent.
When you master all of iOS 9’s potential, your iOS device will become an even more powerful tool. Make the most of what iOS 9 has to offer. Get up and running quickly and easily with a clearly-written, comprehensive, well-structured guide to all that’s new in iOS 9.
Jonathan Mosen has spent months delving into iOS 9as it has taken shape, writing up the advertised new features from an accessibility point of view, and uncovering a whole bunch of other goodies Apple didn’t talk about. The results of all that work can be in your hands with a low-cost purchase.
Even if you’ve participated in Apple’s new public beta programme, chances are good that you’ll find some handy hidden tricks by reading “iOS 9 Without the Eye”.
There are plenty of technology blogs out there that showcase some of the new features of iOS 9, but much of this coverage doesn’t look at new features from the perspective of those who use VoiceOver, Apple’s built-in screen reader that makes the operating system accessible to blind people.
There are some great podcasts demonstrating iOS 9 from the perspective of VoiceOver users, and they are informative free resources. But there are people who want a text-based, searchable, authoritative resource at their fingertips that they can skim at their leisure, and consult when they need to. They find that text lets them go at their own pace, skipping over topics that don’t interest them, concentrating on those items that are important to them. They want clear explanations and step by step guides to all the new features from a VoiceOver perspective.
Jonathan Mosen’s “iOS 9 Without the Eye” will get you up to speed in a way that’s easy to understand, easy to skim, and with clear language that explains it all. The eBook gives you a handy guide to the new OS as you install it, and come to grips with all that’s new and all that’s changed. And it’s available for only $19.95 USD.
“iOS 9 Without the Eye” is the third in this popular series, which thousands of blind people used to help them become instant iOS 7 and 8 experts.
Buy your copy of “iOS 9 Without the Eye” now, and instantly download your book so you can begin reading right away.
If you’ve not yet installed iOS 9, we’ll start from the install process, work our way through all the VoiceOver changes, then move onto the amazing new mainstream features from a blindness perspective.
The email you receive will contain a zip file with versions of “iOS 9 Without the Eye” in ePub, accessible PDF and RTF formats. You’ll be able to read these in iBooks, in apps such as Voice Dream Reader, on many specialised blindness devices, or on your Mac and PC. When using iOS to read the book, we highly recommend the ePub version, which renders the Table of Contents beautifully in iBooks and Voice Dream Reader.
Just some of the chapters in “iOS 9 without the Eye” include:
- A comprehensive summary of accessibility changes, with VoiceOver and beyond.
- 3D Touch explained, including four available strategies for VoiceOver users to interact with 3D Touch gestures.
- A detailed guide to Apple Music from a VoiceOver perspective, which could have been an eBook in itself.
- Changes to Siri, Spotlight Search, and Apple’s powerful new proactive assistance technology explained.
- The News App with VoiceOver, including a guide that tells you how to get your own blog included in Apple’s News app.
- Learn about Apple’s powerful, multimedia-rich Notes app, complete with many useful shortcut keys for Bluetooth keyboards.
- Maps may well provide the best transit instructions ever seen, in cities that support them.
- The new-look Podcasts app.
- Get more mileage from your battery.
- Maximising your storage.
- iPad’s new multitasking features with VoiceOver.
- Masses of new keyboard shortcuts, particularly for iPad.
- Audio Units transform iOS for audio buffs.
- Switch easily from Android.
- Much, much more.
If you’re a blind person and you want to hit the ground running with Apple’s most powerful mobile operating system yet, or you’re a trainer and you want to be able to answer questions about iOS 9 from your clients with authority, look no further than “iOS 9 Without the Eye”.
As the author of many technology books and audio presentations, you can count on Jonathan Mosen to give you the scoop in plain language, with a touch of humour thrown in. It’ll keep you informed and engaged from start to finish
Why not secure your copy today, and instantly begin reading.