It was once said that there’s a book inside all of us. Many people now feel the same way about podcasts.
Is that you? Have you ever thought that you’d love to give podcasting a try, but just don’t have a clue about how to get started?
Is there a subject you’re passionate and knowledgeable about that you want to share with the world?
Are you a gifted orator who can capture people’s attention with a monologue?
Are you interested in interviewing people, either in the same room or across the world?
And do you want to learn from an experienced podcaster, broadcaster, interviewer, marketer and entrepreneur who can explain all the steps involved from a blindness perspective?
“Unleash your Inner Podcast” is the course that makes sense of every aspect of creating a successful podcast. Not just a technical course, this series of four two-hour webinars talks about interviewing, presentation style, marketing and more.
About the instructor
Jonathan Mosen has been podcasting since 2004. He hosts two popular podcasts in the blind community, and is a former presenter, interviewer and programme director in commercial radio. He also has a background in marketing, public relations, and operating a small business.
Who is this course for?
If you have no experience with creating audio on any platform, you don’t operate your own website, and you have no audio equipment yet, please don’t feel at all daunted about taking this course. You’ll complete the course with a thorough understanding of your next step. In an eight-hour course, we can’t teach you how to use all the sound editors that are available, but we can discuss the relative merits of a range of them, and provide pointers to additional resources that will help you learn the ones that interest you.
If you already create podcasts, you’ll benefit from learning about new, cutting-edge tools that can dramatically improve the sound and ease of production and post-production. You’ll also learn about the pros and cons of various podcast hosts, and publicity and revenue options.
In short, whether you’ve never opened a sound editor before, or you’re podcasting now, we’re confident you’ll come away from the course with additional information and techniques you can use.
What people are saying
Hi, My name is Neal Ewers. I know a lot about recording and production. After this course, I know a great deal more, not only about that, but also about how to turn what I do into something that people all over the world can hear. I don’t think I have taken an online course that has been more thorough, more researched, and more flexible in a way that allowed participants to get many questions answered. There is a ton of knowledge here. Go for it.
I work as an activities coordinator at Qatar Social and cultural center for the blind, and i wanted for very long to be able to do a monthly podcast for my institution. i, as anyone else, strive to keep my job and do my best to feel important and effective. Podcasting is not very popular here and i know this could go viral if done correctly and professionally. and since i am sure podcasting is not just “record and publish” thing, i found this course to be a great opportunity to achieve my goal. in spite of some financial hardships at my end, i managed to enroll myself, and it was up to my expectations and even more. The course is comprehensive, entertaining, informative, well-organized and exactly to the point. Mosen is known for the quality stuff he delivers, and this course is not a difference. If you keen on starting a podcast, or even improve yours, This course is a must. Ikrami Ahmad.
When I started this course, I had great ideas, but too many questions and no knowledge from which to start. I did’t know the many pieces there were to creating a podcast, and honestly hearing them Felt overwhelming. Jonathan Mosen was a wonderful instructor; who took the time to clarify anything needed, listen to suggestions/feedback and answer each of our many questions. Feeling motivated and inspired by others, and being able to learn from them in this course as people bring many different walks of podcasting to the table is proving to be very helpful. Gaining relationships with others along the way has been fantastic. Now I don’t just have great ideas; I have the know-how, and all the tools to create an amazing podcast. I’m excited, and I look forward to what the future of podcasting holds for me.
Thank you so much!
If I had to choose one word to describe this course, that word would be “empowering.” Podcasting is very popular and there are numerous mainstream courses on the subject. This course presents a thorough foundation of knowledge for anyone wishing to start a podcast, from the perspective of the blind podcaster. It was a breath of fresh air for me to know that everything, from the course environment to all recommended hardware, software and hosting platforms would be accessible to me. Thanks, Jonathon, for sharing your insights with such sincerity, dignity and respect. It was a joy to take this course and I’m looking forward to seeing the next new release in the Mosen Consulting store.
Laurel Jean Walden.
I have learned so much! The cost of this course was a drop in the bucket compared to the knowledge shared by Jonathan Mosen, Neal Ewers and everyone who came to this table to give of their expertise. I honestly believe that anyone who has been a part of this course as well as those in future who may invest in it, regardless of your own personal or professional experience, can be taught and will receive something extraordinary from listening and absorbing the material presented here. Thanks Mosen Consulting for putting together such an advanced wealth of experience, thought-provoking information and resources in a warm and engaging style that can benefit anyone who is looking for help in podcasting and other associated ventures. Sharon Ewing
I took Jonathan Mosen’s Unleash Your Inner Podcast course and enjoyed it very much. I felt that his teaching style was relaxed and organized. I learned a lot of audio post-production tips.
As a result of the course, I was able to post my podcast to Itunes.
I would recommend the course to anyone wanting to get a good foundation in the nuts and bolts of setting up a podcast. Tim Cumings.
What you get
This course was conducted over four weeks in September 2017. When you purchase the “Unleash your Inner Podcast” webinar archive, you can instantly download MP3 recordings of our four instructional sessions as well as an HTML document full of useful resources. The entire package comes in a single zip file.
The material is provided as is, and at a discount from the original course purchase price. Because your time is precious, we’ve trimmed the recordings to edit out extraneous chat and other material that would waste your time and slow down the learning process.
Since the course is now over and you are purchasing the archive at a discount, we are not offering technical support as we did for those who participated in the actual course.
What we cover
Topics covered in “Unleash your Inner Podcast include”:
• What, exactly, is a podcast? (Spoiler, it’s about much more than making an MP3 file and chucking it in Dropbox)
• Defining your podcast’s mission. Before you start your podcasting journey, you need to know in your head what you want your podcast to sound like, and who your audience is.
• Podcast hosting. Who you get to host your podcast is one of the most important preliminary decisions you will make about your podcast. We’ll look at a range of options, from dedicated podcast providers to rolling your own.
• What software do I need? We look at sound editors for PC, Mac and iOS. We discuss the merits of single-track vs multitrack editors.
• What hardware do I need? the pros and cons of using a mixer, an audio interface, USB microphones, your iDevice. Plus, there’s a cameo appearance from sound expert Neal Ewers, who offers a detailed look at the different types of microphones available and what to look for.
• Getting listed. If you’re not in the podcast directories, you’re not going to get a big audience. We cover some of the most important directories and how to get in them.
• Building your audience. How can you attract listeners without being a publicity-seeking pain in the butt?
• Pleasing your audience. We look at a range of podcast styles, and examine how you can keep an audience beyond the first episode they hear.
• Editing. Without discussing the specifics of a given sound editor, we look at general principles to listen for when you’re editing your podcast. We also look at services that give the tedious job of editing to someone else.
• The technicals of interviewing. Considerations for recording an interview with someone in the same room as you. We also look at a wide range of options for interviewing someone who might be half a world away. Many of them do not require a mixer.
• Getting the interview. If you want a stranger on your podcast, perhaps with a high profile, what’s the best way to approach them that will get results?
• Conducting the interview. We cover a range of interview styles, including conversational and interrogative, and all aspects of maximising your time with that much sought-after guest.
• Post-production. Don’t be too distressed if there’s an imbalance in volume or quality between you and your interviewee. There are now many amazing software tricks you can take to fix that.
• Revenue. Can I make money from my podcast? We look at a few ways to be compensated for your time.
• Much more.
What does it cost?
The archive of “Unleash your Inner Podcast” comprises just under eight-hours of quality instructional material, and is available for purchase and immediate download today for just $60 USD. So, why delay? Add “Unleash your Inner Podcast” to your shopping cart today, and begin your journey to a new or improved podcast.